Delivery time from Germany

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Repwoc

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
>6
For those that have purchased queens from Peter Stoffen (or elsewhere in Germany I guess), how long did it take from despatch to receipt? My package seems to have been stuck between Germany and UK for over three days now.

I am exactly the same, it was posted
On the 1st July and then I’ve only seen it scanned in France. I wish they could use a proper courier like DHL rather than the German post! There is hardly any extra cost!
It’s stinking hot here in France and I am worried for her!! [emoji849][emoji849][emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, it looks like Deutsche Post has a terrible reputation for late delivery and lost items.

Well she’s just arrived and is alive! Phew
ec350b942f5f32007fe00d607fb35259.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Romania to UK;
Dispatch 18:00
Knocking on the door 08:30.

German efficiency is a bit of a Myth, they'll stand at the side of an empty road waiting for t
he red man to change to green or happily step out infront of a 40 ton truck bearing down on the crossing when the lights change!

They'll bang on about how clean & green they are but never mention the Rhure (where the air is thick with smog that you smell as you approach. This being allowed because they average everything out mathematically across the whole country to duck under European environmental legislation. Their Autobahns are still only 2 lanes wide in places and when this caused a pile up, a 50 year old ex-Vietnam helicopter "air ambulance" is all they have, the land of the VW also bans imports of ALL Beers not brewed locally (ie NOT German)!

They are terrified at being left to pay for Europe when we leave, so, why are you surprized when they take 3 days to post to UK?

For those that have purchased queens from Peter Stoffen (or elsewhere in Germany I guess), how long did it take from despatch to receipt? My package seems to have been stuck between Germany and UK for over three days now.

I have had lots of queens from Germany/The Netherlands. I used to think that German post was pretty good until they had a postal strike a couple of years ago. Then, it showed the problems. I had queens stuck in the post for over a week.
The Netherlands is no different. I bought 2 II queens a few years back. They spent 2 weeks in the post because they were sent through normal mail.
I ALWAYS pay extra now for the express/overnight service. From memory it costs about 50-60 Euros but it means I can be sure they'll arrive the next day. My last 2 queens (DE-8-209-37-2019 & DE-8-209-41-2019) came via DHL and they were spot on. The weird thing though, when I looked at the tracking information, was that they arrived at Luton airport, were sent down to Heathrow, to come back up to Bedfordshire. I could have collected them myself in 20 mins from Luton.

Well, the Royal Mail "Track and Trace" info has been updated at last!:

Item has left our International Processing Centre
Heathrow Worldwide Distribution Centre, United Kingdom

I hope it doesn't take too long from there - despatched on 1st July, four days and counting.

Romania to UK;

German efficiency is a bit of a Myth, they'll stand at the side of an empty road waiting for t
he red man to change to green or happily step out infront of a 40 ton truck bearing down on the crossing when the lights change!

They'll bang on about how clean & green they are but never mention the Rhure (where the air is thick with smog that you smell as you approach. This being allowed because they average everything out mathematically across the whole country to duck under European environmental legislation. Their Autobahns are still only 2 lanes wide in places and when this caused a pile up, a 50 year old ex-Vietnam helicopter "air ambulance" is all they have, the land of the VW also bans imports of ALL Beers not brewed locally (ie NOT German)!

They are terrified at being left to pay for Europe when we leave, so, why are you surprized when they take 3 days to post to UK?
To be fair, I am with them on the beer front. Why would you import anything when the best is home grown....I know we don't have any swill worth competing with them :D

Romania to UK;

I bought a Romanian queen last autumn. Delivery service was like yours - very quick. Unfortunately the queen was rubbish though and the accompanying documentation lacking.

To be fair, I am with them on the beer front. Why would you import anything when the best is home grown....I know we don't have any swill worth competing with them :D

I guess that's ok if you like lager. Can't stand the stuff personally.

I bet they would quickly kick up a stink if we banned German car imports into the UK.

Doesn't sound correct and doesn't seem to be since 1987:

Don't you just love Wikipedia, think you'll find that ADAC is private insurance company, very similar to RAC/AA?

Incidentally, the aircraft most prevalent as UK air-ambulances are German Messerschmitts!

Don't you just love Wikipedia, think you'll find that ADAC is private insurance company, very similar to RAC/AA?

Incidentally, the aircraft most prevalent as UK air-ambulances are German Messerschmitts!

There was also a picture of the DRF Luftrettung which is a non profit organisation which has around 50 helicopters mainly the Eurocopter EC135, the same as the police use in England and Wales. They also have two learjet planes.

Hah, at least yours made it to the UK my Stoefen queen was last seen heading for Austria. They're sending another on Monday.

Hah, at least yours made it to the UK my Stoefen queen was last seen heading for Austria. They're sending another on Monday.

Track and Trace still says "Item has left our international processing centre Heathrow". Must have broken down on the M4 somewhere.

Counter intuitively remainers are more likely to use amm or near native or local mongrel whereas leave voters are more likely to use eu queens, definitive proof it's a selfish thing.

Counter intuitively remainers are more likely to use amm or near native or local mongrel whereas leave voters are more likely to use eu queens, definitive proof it's a selfish thing.

I'd always thought telling others that they can only keep the bee you say they can is just misguided, I'd never considered you were being selfish, but to your credit that you're man enough to admit it.
However, it's really only counter intuitive if you seriously believe the hyperbole that all leavers are wanting to "pull up the drawbridge ". Clearly that's more the thinking of Amm/local bee keepers( as, it appears is trolling posts about other bee races).
I'd have expected however you to know better than to bring politics into this part of the forum.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back