dehumidifier ambient temperature for honey

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David1976

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
I'm going to put a dehumidifier into my warming cabinet with a view to reducing the water content of my buckets of honey from their current 19%.

Is there a specific temperature to set the cabinet to while it's on or does it not make much of a difference?

*edit* cabinet is about 6ft x 2ft x 3ft with 2 heating tubes in base and PC fans bottom front and top back to circulate.

Attachments

• 20210724_172239.jpg
    20210724_172239.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 13
Last edited:
I'm going to put a dehumidifier into my warming cabinet with a view to reducing the water content from its current 19%.

Is there a specific temperature to set the cabinet to while it's on or does it not make much of a difference?
I used a dehumidifier in a small warm room (rather than a cabinet) the room was c 20C. Within 48h last year, the water content of my heather honey dropped from 23 to 19 and other summer honey from 20 to 18. Was a really success & would do it again, if the weather or colony varroa treatment timing was against me.

I used a dehumidifier in a small warm room (rather than a cabinet) the room was c 20C. Within 48h last year, the water content of my heather honey dropped from 23 to 19 and other summer honey from 20 to 18. Was a really success & would do it again, if the weather or colony varroa treatment timing was against me.
Thus works well in a small room with a fan heater going under the frames

Latest posts

Back