Daft ideas the Tories have had - item 100

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jenkinsbrynmair

International Beekeeper of Mystery
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Too many - but not nearly enough
In a move the government will be hoping won't start 'War of the World's' style mass panic, 50,000 people are to be sent emergency alert texts to test the the national response system.

The messages - which will be clearly marked as a test - could warn of flooding, a flu pandemic or even some sort of zombie/nuclear apocalypse presumably.

The first test will occur in Easingwold, North Yorkshire. Over the next two months residents of Glasgow and Leiston in Suffolk will also receive texts.

What makes it worse is they've not exactly chosen parts of the populace renowned for their clear thought processes!!

I think I'll stock up on refreshing drinks, sit back and watch the fun:lurk5::D

Well... I just hope that the swivvell eyedloonies have translated the messages into all the 600 or so foreign languages now spoken in our once green and pleasant land!

In a move the government will be hoping won't start 'War of the World's' style mass panic, 50,000 people are to be sent emergency alert texts to test the the national response system.

The messages - which will be clearly marked as a test - could warn of flooding, a flu pandemic or even some sort of zombie/nuclear apocalypse presumably.

The first test will occur in Easingwold, North Yorkshire. Over the next two months residents of Glasgow and Leiston in Suffolk will also receive texts.

What makes it worse is they've not exactly chosen parts of the populace renowned for their clear thought processes!!

I think I'll stock up on refreshing drinks, sit back and watch the fun:lurk5::D

The first text will warn that the natives in Wales are restless and their football team has gone down the pan without hay-bale

Latest posts

Back