Cymru am byth

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:iagree:
Just because I live here doesn't mean I support them... ;)

:iagree:
Just because I live here doesn't mean I support them... ;)

Well done! They're looking sorry for themselves at the moment

Millenium stadium has giant screens - 65,000 turned up to watch

Next time.

Last edited:
Would the Welsh be supporting England in the same situation or is it still the case of support any team playing against England. May the best team win!

Would the Welsh be supporting England in the same situation or is it still the case of support any team playing against England. May the best team win!

Of course support England.

White sticks and tin cans comes to mind

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d75L8OQVe6U[/ame]

Last edited:
As a Welshman I would definitely support England if they were against France

I was speaking to a Frenchman who was telling me he wanted to continue his show-jumping career in Ireland. I asked him, "which part of Ireland, north or south?"
He answered: "Er, somewhere in the middle, I think...".
He had no idea that Ireland was not one country.
My point being, that you may as well support any of the UK countries against France, as the French seem not to distinguish "British", "English" and "Irish/Welsh/Scots". To them you are all "Les Anglais". :rolleyes:

Was surrounded by 59999 people was a fantastic atmosphere, only thing that spoilt it was the ref.

I was speaking to a Frenchman who was telling me he wanted to continue his show-jumping career in Ireland. I asked him, "which part of Ireland, north or south?"
He answered: "Er, somewhere in the middle, I think...".
He had no idea that Ireland was not one country.
My point being, that you may as well support any of the UK countries against France, as the French seem not to distinguish "British", "English" and "Irish/Welsh/Scots". To them you are all "Les Anglais". :rolleyes:
Not too long ago, France had an affinity with Scotland . Think 'The Jacobean revolution' :)
VM

All I can say is I only watched the last 20 min and was surprised when it was mentioned that Wales was down to 14 men. They reckon a 10 min sin bin will result in loosing your team 7 points. In this case defiantly a game spoilt by a usually good referee.

Unfortunately, the ref's decision affected not only the game but obviously now, the tournament.

Not for one minute suggesting he was biased but I couldn't help wonder at the choice of official .... Alain Roland, an Irishman with French heritage? Surely not.

Yellow card? Maybe but a red? Never. Not for that.

Still, you've got to kick your kicks, which cost us twice now. The final is a nonentity as this French team were quite useless really and I can't see them as a serious threat to either of the other semi finalists.

Shame on you Roland, you ruined the tournament by making the final a cake walk!

Seen far worse in this tournament.

Red card? No chance, not even illegal. As Gatland asked after the game, are we going to see a red card every time a player's feet leave the ground?

Roland made a very poor decision, a yellow would have been quite sufficient and the game would not have been over. His decision to send Warburton off has also decided the final. Perhaps he needed 15 minutes of fame, who knows. Best we can do now is see how many points they lose by in what will probably be the most one sided final the tournament has seen.

Well done Roland, what a clown.

Seen far worse in this tournament.

Red card? No chance, not even illegal. As Gatland asked after the game, are we going to see a red card every time a player's feet leave the ground?

Roland made a very poor decision, a yellow would have been quite sufficient and the game would not have been over. His decision to send Warburton off has also decided the final. Perhaps he needed 15 minutes of fame, who knows. Best we can do now is see how many points they lose by in what will probably be the most one sided final the tournament has seen.

Well done Roland, what a clown.

Come on, make your mind up!
If its not illegal then there is no punishment!
If a Yellow would have been sufficient then you clearly admit that the tackle was illegal!

In my view the tackle was clearly dangerous and deserved a yellow. I thought the red was harsh but not outrageous.

The ref cannot make his decisions based on what might happen later in this game or in a possible future game.

Later in this match the Welsh missed penalties and drop goals - this is what decided the match not the sending off.

PS I don't think the tackle was deliberately nasty or anything but it clearly was both illegal and dangerous.

Just to clarify the rules, the tackle as such is not dangerous when taking someone off there feet as long as they place them down safely, in this instance the welsh placer slipped and dropped the French player so if anything it was an accident, shown clearly by two different camera angles.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=51.666979,-3.017351

Drew, I personally would have just had a word, it was a big guy little guy situation, not malicious and we've seen plenty of similar tackles in this tournament. I don't think it's illegal, things can look far worse than they are when timing and momentum are involved, look at all the 'man and ball' situations. A little guy taking ball and tackler at speed is going to get clattered, especially if that tackler is a big lump. We've seen forwards dumped in this way but they seem to take it better, their pride is hurt more than their body the refs accept it. I strongly suspect a French forward would have just been well tackled, unlike the winger who was hit backwards by the impact. If he felt he had to do something, then issue a yellow like we see for a high tackle. Going straight for red was a stupid decision for anyone in that position to make.

Look up a bit higher, you'll see I mentioned the kicks. It cost us against the Boks and again today.

As for the tournament, it's as much my disappointment that the final will be an anti climax as the fact that Wales won't be there. He must have been well aware of the implications and issuing red is the last thing a ref should want to do. Roland was very eager. I hope he's happy.

Drew, I personally would have just had a word, it was a big guy little guy situation, not malicious and we've seen plenty of similar tackles in this tournament. I don't think it's illegal, things can look far worse than they are when timing and momentum are involved, look at all the 'man and ball' situations. A little guy taking ball and tackler at speed is going to get clattered, especially if that tackler is a big lump. We've seen forwards dumped in this way but they seem to take it better, their pride is hurt more than their body the refs accept it. I strongly suspect a French forward would have just been well tackled, unlike the winger who was hit backwards by the impact. If he felt he had to do something, then issue a yellow like we see for a high tackle. Going straight for red was a stupid decision for anyone in that position to make.

Look up a bit higher, you'll see I mentioned the kicks. It cost us against the Boks and again today.

As for the tournament, it's as much my disappointment that the final will be an anti climax as the fact that Wales won't be there. He must have been well aware of the implications and issuing red is the last thing a ref should want to do. Roland was very eager. I hope he's happy.

I know you mentioned the kicks - and I generally agree the ref made a harsh decision but NOT a wrong decision. In the post I quoted you said it wasn't even illegal but also that a yellow would have been sufficient.

Personally I hope the French have a decent game in the final - they have a habit of having one brilliant game in tournaments and they certainly haven't had one this WC.

I bet the Welsh team will be harsher with themselves about the missed kicks than anything else!

millions of rugby fans worldwide are hoping Roland will not ref a match they watch again

Latest posts

Back