Cut comb in jars or clean containers.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
. . . I always found you could produce enough chunk from the off cuts of comb honey so the chunk was a by product almost. Areas not properly capped or not completely filled so not good enough for comb, if you angle the cells the right way and add warm honey you can even use bits of comb without honey in.
it’s amazing how forgiving they are when filled.

Rather like the Victorian Bakers/Millers who added plaster of paris to their flour? :sifone:

I think Martin has a little to much time on his hands if the best he can do is go through and deliberately alter a post and then suggest I am adulterating honey with foreign additives. For those that missed the full post its there. I would rather hope our new moderating team take a look at an accusation that I am adulterating honey rather than me suggesting an appropriate place for him to get off.

I think Martin has a little to much time on his hands if the best he can do is go through and deliberately alter a post and then suggest I am adulterating honey with foreign additives. For those that missed the full post its there. I would rather hope our new moderating team take a look at an accusation that I am adulterating honey rather than me suggesting an appropriate place for him to get off.

Don't spot them all
You should report such posts

Sorry I wouldn't know I wasn't even born until the 1980s

Plenty of adulteration of food in the 80's too, just picked the most relevant & well known one as a simile.

Bait to tempt a wolf out of the woods.

Seems he has something over the mods here????

Last two posts censored????

:bump:

Plenty of adulteration of food in the 80's too, just picked the most relevant & well known one as a simile.

Bait to tempt a wolf out of the woods.

Seems he has something over the mods here????

Last two posts censored????

:bump:

You’re just troublemaking.

We are fortunate enough to have a (small) freezer full of cut comb and now looking at selling some bottled as chunk. My question is how to stop it granulating and if it does, can it be warmed?
S

The chunk or the runny honey surrounding it?
The stuff in your freezer won't start granulating until you thaw it. Then the timer starts....

The chunk or the runny honey surrounding it?
The stuff in your freezer won't start granulating until you thaw it. Then the timer starts....

Sorry, I have obviously not explained properly. We have an excess of cut comb and the chunk honey is a ‘chunk’ of comb in a jar of runny, not cut comb which we have a freezer full.
S

Which one are you worried about granulating? The chunk of cut comb (put into jar) or the runny honey surrounding the chunk of cut comb?

Which one are you worried about granulating? The chunk of cut comb (put into jar) or the runny honey surrounding the chunk of cut comb?

Both I guess, just wondering how to either stop it happening before sale or if it granulated how to bring back so it can be sold?
S

I have successfully cleared the early stages of crystallisation of chunk honey in my warming cabinet. 45 degC is enough to liquify all honeys I’ve encountered and wax doesn’t melt until >60 degC I think, so in theory it’s easy!

I have successfully cleared the early stages of crystallisation of chunk honey in my warming cabinet. 45 degC is enough to liquify all honeys I’ve encountered and wax doesn’t melt until >60 degC I think, so in theory it’s easy!

Brilliant thanks :)

Chunk honey generally starts to crystallising faster than normal runny, like comb in boxes prepare as required/needed

Latest posts

Back