Current honey price

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not the way we do it though.

Dare one ask how you cut out your cut comb?
I know you deal in multiple tons of heather honey so past experience prepares me for you providing a link to an automatic cut comb cutter costing £1000's and prohibitively expensive for us hobbyists. But I'm sure it will be interesting info :D

past experience prepares me for you providing a link to an automatic cut comb cutter costing £1000's and prohibitively expensive for us hobbyists.

LOL... no, nothing special in this case, just a sharp stainless comb cutter, small plastic spatula to run around inside the cutter after cutting several combs... and a damp cloth to wipe the top plate every so often to keep the comb surface clear...no heat used at all.

Silly thought but has any of you folk ever tried to sell a full super frame of honey still intact and untouched, only because, every time i show a friend a partly filled super frame that is out of use they simply love gorging into it with me twisting on saying do not go too deep..lol.

Originally Posted by Millet View Post
Silly thought but has any of you folk ever tried to sell a full super frame of honey still intact and untouched

Yes to POSH London Hotel.....never did get the frame back!

Nos da

Last edited:
LOL... no, nothing special in this case, just a sharp stainless comb cutter, small plastic spatula to run around inside the cutter after cutting several combs... and a damp cloth to wipe the top plate every so often to keep the comb surface clear...no heat used at all.

Damn... you stole my method....Sometimes have to wipe the top of the comb clean with a piece of roll towel.
KISS
I offer full frames for sale, but no-one wants them..lots of interest but no cash.
Probably a Northern thing...

Oh God, it's so slow. Life's too short...

For me, it's not about running an efficient factory process that churns out money. I quite enjoy the challenge of doing a good job, precisely because life is short. I want to do, whatever I do, well. I couldn't do it, just for the money.

Few of us do it for the money...but it helps offset costs. You can cut the most perfect cut comb...sell it..first knife slice of customer taking chunk to spread on toast,...now look at your masterpiece...not so pretty now.
I like to sell my edible "art" not have it sat in the Tate gallery for future generations.

Last edited:
I notice that he doesn't drain the cut comb before packaging. Is that common?

Hello Mike.
Depends on the honey, if ordinary floral would be better drained, but if heather there is nothing much that drains from it, bit like cutting a lump of jelly.

I like to sell my edible "art" not have it sat in the Tate gallery for future generations.

I have been told that many of the prize winning exhibits at the various " Honey Shows" up and down the country, are exhibits that are put up year after year.... with the enthusiastic cup winners knowing what kind of honey a particular set of honey judges like!

Some of that prize winning honey must be half a century old.... and explains why the ancient pound jar is so popular!

Mytten da

Latest posts

Back