Cratfield Suffolk A guiding hand appreciated

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lorrick

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hello
Cratfield is between Harleston and Halesworth :laughing-smiley-014
I am on a course at the moment but already have a thriving colony on two supers, it was a rescued swarm that a friend of mine looked after over winter until a couple of weeks ago, when we moved it over to me. It already had a brood chamber and one super full to bursting and I was advised to put another super on. I would like someone to have a look at it with me and help me sort out what it might need doing to it if anything at all. I am quite happy handling them and they are a placid lot, and there might be something that needs doing straight away. It might l take me awhile to get up to speed on the course I am on I would just like some help getting there.
Thanks
Richard

Hi Susbees
It has honey in the first one, plain frames in the new one. It was just that the elderly friend who looked after them for me said when we looked through the glass Crown Board that it was full, and it might pay to put a second super on it to stop them swarming and give them some more space.
Regards

Richard

Latest posts

Back