Confusion

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CallumB

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Right so a few weeks ago i posted a thread titled (queen problem?).
hears a link: https://beekeepingforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=46455
I looked for her last week bet couldn't see her. so i shook all the bees into the bottom brood box (using double brood box by the way) and shoved an excluder on. came back today and... eggs above the QE.:banghead:

But i did find the queen and shes gone now. There was three queen cells present also. I thought ah this is going to work out OK ill just put these under the excluder and everything will be fine in a few weeks? (am i right in thinking this?) but as i was looking through the bottom BB there was eggs there to. so i'm now quite confused. was there 2 queens somehow? Or could she have been slipping through the excluder?
ANY help is appreciated!!
thanks

More likely to be the latter! Check in three days and see if it is still happening.
Why do you want three queen cells? Put them into nucs or cut down to one and AS.
E

I was going to wait for the cells to be capped (they weren't far off) and choose the best looking one. then either get rid of the other two if there not looking good, or as you said nucs.

Back