concerened newbee!!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark s

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
16 + 3nuc's
hi all
hope you can help as im a little concerned,
just got in from work and as i do everyday went into the garden to check on the girls,makin sure the wasps and such aren't being a problem.
while i was watching i noticed a lot of pollen on the floor under the hive,little tiny sacs all colours,can anyone tell me if ive a problem in the hive and if so wot should i do
thanx

100_2238.jpg

100_2239.jpg

100_2240.jpg

at least the flies are happy:)

Last edited:
Right you need to get under there and collect it all up, but don't mix up the colours, then put it on the landing board in seperate little piles for the little darling to collect and take inside :)

Yours Roy

Oooo gingernut you are a one!!!
No Mark you do not have a problem, just a few clumsy workers dropping the pollen on transfer and losing it through the varroa floor:)

Gingernut, I see the logic in your advice. When you've finished your feeder you'll need to take it all apart again because thats the best way to check that you had glue on all the surfaces! Send us a piccie when you done it please :cheers2:

Gingernut, I see the logic in your advice. When you've finished your feeder you'll need to take it all apart again because thats the best way to check that you had glue on all the surfaces! Send us a piccie when you done it please :cheers2:

ok :)

TeeHee :)

Yours Roy

Latest posts

Back