Colony Collapse?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobH1

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Kim Flottum (editor of Bee Culture), in her Newsletter "Catch the Buzz", seems, incidentally, to put the crisis in American colony collapse in perspective - I quote: "The combined 12-percent increase in honey yield per bee colony and 7.4-percent expansion of the number of beecolonies produced 20 percent more honey for U.S. beekeepers in 2010."[my accent].

What has happened to all the crisis, the death of the honeybee and the end of the world as we know it?

Frankly loses at that level are hardly the end of the world, I had winters in Aberdeenshire where that level was quite common.

PH

Oil shortage.......increase the price.

Wheat shortage.........increase the price....

Ferarri shortage...... increase the price....

Bees are dying.... honey shortage.....

The first three are right the last is not.

Where is the shortage of bees?

PH

Where is the shortage of bees?

Exactly.

We've all been told there is a shortage.....

Tell people enough times and it must be true... when people find out you are a beek one of the first things they talk about is how they heard on TV that there is a shortage of bees because of "a desease".

No surprises there then, could be the end of another gravy train if the word gets out.

Chris

Wheat shortage.........increase the price....

1,5 years ago wheat was so much that EU told that no wheat any more

Something investor game. There are in stores so much old wheat that there is no shortage.

let the hype go on!

Latest posts

Back