chucking out time!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burren

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
5 nationals/ 3 apideas
They seem to be chucking out drones in one hive and the other right next door is has a uncapped fully charged queen cell, and they both had supercedure queens in July (old queens 1 year old), Was just about to put apidguard on, might be wise to wait, but weather will be against me (thats the only thing I can be certain about!):smilielol5:

They seem to be chucking out drones in one hive and the other right next door is has a uncapped fully charged queen cell, and they both had supercedure queens in July (old queens 1 year old), Was just about to put apidguard on, might be wise to wait, but weather will be against me (thats the only thing I can be certain about!):smilielol5:

Hi Burren,
Two of my hives are getting as pingy as yours. Was going to give my double Marigolds up, but no way. My luck that my nuc queen is from the same colony. It may be my last glas of red, but old queen 1 year old, supercedure daughter in July. What are they doing? Going for a grand daughter? Hey, I have never heard of that, but I am a newbie...

I just did a quick check on one hive, and was surprised to see around 10 capped drone cells, and a queen cup that was removed

How did you manage to see the queen cup if it had been removed.

Drones were beeing evicted at least a month ago from my hives. Marching across the grass! The birds were having a field day. Funny really, they were all going the same way, south east. Is that significant?

play cups are just that, and are probably good for a colony to have in the hive. these are the foundations of an 'insurance policy' for the bees ( if you damage / kill queen during inspections, they've got the start of a queen cell )
they're best left alone.

Latest posts

Back