cheap aluminium

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jallen

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
hi all fragile pl*n*t are selling reclamed alu sheets big enought to cover one roof for £1.50

I think you have to provide your own postage if you want to order some of that as well . . .

Always an eye to a good bargain eh? FP quality. Does this mean 22 guage or Lithio plates. :)

I would imagine a very good deal for anyone close enough to collect.

Does this mean 22 guage or Lithio plates.

By the looks of them they are the old Lithio printing plates.

allysheet.jpg

They are, the bend either side and punched holes are where they have been clamped in the press. Be interesting to see what image is on the other side.

Does any one know how thick or what gauge the litho plates are? As i have a few roof's to cover just wondering if its worth trying to buy alu sheet of the same thickness locally. Given that the plates from F P are £4.50 by the time you add P&P and an 8'x4' sheet will give 8 600mm squares. Would be interesting to see how the price compares.

Kev

Note- only 560 wide. Doesn't give much turn-down- specially if it has holes near the edge!

If you approach most litho printers they are only too pleased to get rid of old litho plates for a few pence-certainly a lot cheaper than those being advertised and no postage.The aluminium is fine for rainproofing roofs and can be cut with stout scissors.

Hi
Make my roofs with aluminium from a old caravan
if you dont have one of those on hand , the lokal caravan
center may have some sheets from a repaired damage for a couples
of beers
...well it works overhere anyway:coolgleamA:

Latest posts

Back