Chalk Brood problem growing

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last couple of visits, chalk brood problem seems to be improving. Nowhere near as many mummies on the inspection board and in Brood area.

Since I wasn’t able to requeen, I reduced from two brood boxes to one, as I thought there was maybe a bit too much space. Not sure if this is what is helping, or the recent good weather or more adult bees around, or a combination of all three. Anyway, it seems to be helping.

I thought Bananas release ethylene not methane

I'm having a bad year so am trying to save a colony with chalkbrood as I don't have a queen to requeen with at the moment. I've shook swarmed them into a nuc and fed them lots and hoping they have recovered. The chalkbrook seems to be under control but lots of old bees still dying so hopefully in a couple of weeks they will be fine. It is the colony in the corner of an L-shaped arrangement so possibly they get less sun that the others so damp might have affected them.

I'm having a bad year so am trying to save a colony with chalkbrood as I don't have a queen to requeen with at the moment. I've shook swarmed them into a nuc and fed them lots and hoping they have recovered. The chalkbrook seems to be under control but lots of old bees still dying so hopefully in a couple of weeks they will be fine. It is the colony in the corner of an L-shaped arrangement so possibly they get less sun that the others so damp might have affected them.

Buy one ?
I would.

The easiest way to solve Chalkbrood and most effective is re-queen.

Latest posts

Back