CCD in West Corwall.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theeggman

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
2 Cedar + 5 Poly
There's an a'hole on "6.15 Radio 4 Loose ends" this evening who has had CCD in his hives, and then goes on to BIG up the native black bee. This post is probably aimed at 'hoppit' (no offence meant) but you need to sort your PR out because this "artist" is giving the wrong message.

Nothing new there then. The truth seems anathema to the beeb

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Sounds like a CBIBBG PR issue... I am sure they would be delighted if you were to contact them!

PM with contact details sent to Theeggman.

Cornwall is a very long county... has the longest coast of any county in the UK.
The chaps in the USA will laugh... but our "city" Truro is 1 1/2 hours drive away... Exeter the "city" for Devon is only 50 minutes... and that is on a fast bike!!!

Myttin da

Listened to this...What is the problem?... usual lead question about how all our bees are dying from CCD... quite how this affects.. or is it effects... bumble bees, which seems to be the Celebrity artist and keeper of bees main interest and reason for going for an interview, beats me.
As The chap said the boarders of Scotland are closer than London.

I have seen some of Kurt Jackson's work.... brilliant artist and a Degree from Oxford&Cambridge university in Zoo~ollogy as well!

A for Black bees ( 5 seconds of extollation of the work B4 is doing... not excessive!) ( Presumably Native Amm) not a lot else would survive on that coastline!!

Good luck to them... just wish I could afford one of his pictures!!

Yeghes da

Listened to this...What is the problem?... usual lead question about how all our bees are dying from CCD... quite how this affects.. or is it effects... bumble bees, which seems to be the Celebrity artist and keeper of bees main interest and reason for going for an interview, beats me.
As The chap said the boarders of Scotland are closer than London.

I have seen some of Kurt Jackson's work.... brilliant artist and a Degree from Oxford&Cambridge university in Zoo~ollogy as well!

A for Black bees ( 5 seconds of extollation of the work B4 is doing... not excessive!) ( Presumably Native Amm) not a lot else would survive on that coastline!!

Good luck to them... just wish I could afford one of his pictures!!

Yeghes da

He says his bees died of CCD, but there are no known cases in the UK. Any bees that die are branded CCD without any thought. Unless I have been asleep and Cornwall is now part of the USA.

He says his bees died of CCD, but there are no known cases in the UK. Any bees that die are branded CCD without any thought. Unless I have been asleep and Cornwall is now part of the USA.

Geologically speaking West Cornwall is!!!

I listened again... and he was talking about colonies of bumblebees... and then went on about 200 species of bees, some of which are solitary bees......

Perhaps he had been on the Liffey water?

I suppose we can add Kurt Jackson to the growing list of Celebrity beekeepers...
Kate Bumble.. that bloke in Come Dancing.. and the other lady news reporter, the one with the big dirty leather gauntlets that is allergic to bees.. whose names I can not remember... I believe we may soon have a Celebrity Chef come beekeeper... not Hugh Furry Whipping stool.. he is a cook... on BBC television .. to amaze and entertain the great unwashed with dodgey beekeeping skills.... give the entrance another good few puffs of that smoke... all good theater!!
Not me.. I can not even boil an egg!
Yeghes da

Last edited:
It has to be done before noon, after that then the NBU should have been notified that Cornwall is UNCLEAN.

:sorry::ohthedrama:We appear to have "a'holes" in Cornwall who "think" they have had CCD and go onto Radio 4 to make it public. :sorry: Cornwall, but you need get your arse in gear. As a grockle will I buy Cornish Honey, probably not.

:sorry::ohthedrama:We appear to have "a'holes" in Cornwall who "think" they have had CCD and go onto Radio 4 to make it public. :sorry: Cornwall, but you need get your arse in gear. As a grockle will I buy Cornish Honey, probably not.

Our SBIs will be busy checking every colony of bees in Cornwall for CCD this season.... hope that Devon keeps its EFB their side of the Tamar... and not export it to us as some thoughtless beekeeper did a couple of seasons back!!
:ohthedrama:

* note to others... it is a Lancashire / Yorkshire type of thing... nothing personal!!
Yeghes da

Latest posts

Back