catching bees

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do bees "nest"? This has to be a Troll doesn't it?

I'm going to PPRuNe now to start a thread on asking the best way of asking the captain of the next Ryanair 737-800 flight I'm on if I can have a go at landing it... VOR. I've got my own bag with no eye holes...
Simple just push the right button which is CDM A

Ah - that's what scared my horse...

What scared your horse was the *lack* of bag!

Simple just push the right button which is CDM A

And that authentically smashes it into the runway just over the threshold, puts on full brake and reverse so I minimise the taxi and then plays a fanfare does it? I knew beekeeping and piloting were easy!

Last edited:
Hi irishbees,
I do understand why you feel that you need to do this. Not all BKAs have people who are willing or able to do cutouts. They are only interested in collecting easily accessible swarms. Also, pest control will charge a lot of money for jobs like this. If you are doing it to get a viable colony forget it. You will most probably not get the queen. I would wait until April and with a bit of luck they will have died during the winter. Then you can clear them out, disinfect and make sure other bees will not re-enter the same cavity.

Hi irishbees

Have you even had a snake cam inside the cavity, or something similar?

The actual nest may not even be near the hole where they are going in so you might very well end up with a VERY large hole in the wall.

Latest posts

Back