Honeybees In Wall

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys, thanks a lot for all the advice here. I seem to have got very lucky and I've had 48 hours of no activity whatsoever following at least 2 days that I'm aware of, of them very actively using that entrance. Hopefully that means there's a good chance they were just scouts in a temporary location and I should look to block that entrance asap. Quite relieved but lots of useful information here, and I think I would have ended up leaving them in place and blocking their way into the living areas.

Hi,

I seem to have acquired a honeybee nest in a high up wall cavity, I am concerned because they've been finding their way from here both into the house and loft, today is the first time I've actually noticed them, swarming a bit outside and flying into rooms fairly aggressively.

There seems to be one hole they are using on the wall, too high for me to reach, but there was lots of activity around it during the day.

My question is, can/should I safely leave this or could it turn into a seriously established nest in the cavity causing property damage? I'm fairly sure they are honey bees having googled photos all day rather than masonry bees but I can post a pic if that might help? As I said it's too high for me to reach, about the only thing I could do is try and find a high enough ladder and repoint the access hole?

Thanks for any advice or reassurance, I am happy to leave them but they seemed very aggressive today inside the house and I do have a concern on property damage?

Back