castellated frame spacers for sn1

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use 10 space with a 9 frame extractor lol figure that one out haha

I use 10 space with a 9 frame extractor lol figure that one out haha

You use a dummy board in the 10th slot :p

Well I shall see how it goes this year, if I get a decent crop and the great thing about the castellations is that I can remove them and fit others if needed.

10 slot castellations as everything seems to be sold in tens. My bees dont seem to have trouble drawing on the wider slots.

baggy

9, 10, 11? Does it really matter? I always aim to have spares of everything availble. They will be used at some point. As for extracting, there are often odd frames, often loads needing to be balanced in the extractor. Even extracting one frame is possible in a nine frame extractor, if that frame is carefully balanced by a (variable) number of empty frames opposite.

And I had understood that Manleys really came into their own for cut comb ...

Does anybody find the 'wide all the way down' manley considerably better than the SN4 for cut comb, consistant thickness etc.

Does anybody find the 'wide all the way down' manley considerably better than the SN4 for cut comb, consistant thickness etc.

trying them this year, as i was advised they are better fror cut comb, some with just starter strips and some with extra thin wax

that is if we every have a summer

I find sn1 on ten spacing the best and most consistant for cut comb,and just the right thickness of comb to properly fill the normal cc containers,usually do a couple thousand a season,but only heather usually.

I find sn1 on ten spacing the best and most consistant for cut comb,and just the right thickness of comb to properly fill the normal cc containers,usually do a couple thousand a season,but only heather usually.

Thats good enough for me, thanks.

Latest posts

Back