Candle making

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you tried them yet! Have you added any paraffin wax at all? Beeswax only sometimes smokes quite well! Look great though.....well done
E

Well done tony, if you need more wax ask hivemaker he might just have a spare bit left

I hope you don't mind me being picky, Tonybloke, but I couldn't help thinking there's something not quite right in the top picture; then it dawned on me - those wine glasses are EMPTY :eek:

well the picture was taken early in the day, Luminos!!

So is it pure beeswax? What size mould and wick.? I might try again!
E

yep, pure, filtered beeswax, 1/2" x 6" mould from big t (TS620) dunno the wick size, got it from local supplier. (it's about 2mm sq section)
pre-wax the wick, helps stop bubbles forming. do this by holding wick under molten wax in a baked bean tin, while someone else pulls the wick through. use a frame side bar to hold wick under wax level, so wick runs into tin, under wooden side bar, then out again into cold air, where it sets almost immediately. do this bit outside, as drips of wax on kitchen floor don't earn many 'brownie points' ;)

Here you go, ebay item 160508533521. Just what you need to set them off nicely:)

I simply dip the wick in molten wax, bubbles will rise until all voids/air pockets are filled. Allow to cool, it can then be threaded into mould with ease . This way , one trims close to the base of candle with no waste
VM

wax is topped up as it shrinks whilst cooling, btw

At the prices big T charge, I would be inclined to invest in a candle a couple of nails, a tube of bathroom silicone sealant and a used loo roll cardboard centre.

Nail in either end of candle to hold it in place in the loo roll thingy, fill with sealant and leave it in a warm place until cured. Then a sharp cutting tool and a couple elastic bands would be needed to make it fully operational.

There, I could develop quite a few of those!

Last edited:
At the prices big T charge, I would be inclined to invest in a candle a couple of nails, a tube of bathroom silicone sealant and a used loo roll cardboard centre.

Nail in either end of candle to hold it in place in the loo roll thingy, fill with sealant and leave it in a warm place until cured. Then a sharp cutting tool and a couple elastic bands would be needed to make it fully operarational.

There, I could develop quite a few of those!

not worthy What a damn good idea.

:winner1st:

wrong type of silicone, you need special mould making stuff ;)

got loads at school that has never been used. will ask if i can have it.

Latest posts

Back