Can I freeze?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrB

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Is it ok to freeze a block of fondant and also blocks of Neopol ?
as i will have plenty to spare.

Simple sealed plastic container comes to mind, but I daresay a sealed container in a freezer would be perfectly OK. But not 'open' frozen.

Regards, RAB

Simple sealed plastic container comes to mind, but I daresay a sealed container in a freezer would be perfectly OK. But not 'open' frozen.

Regards, RAB
Thanks, was not going to open freeze, they would be in sealed plastic containers or bags :)

If you have double cling filmed so that there is no 'air space' the fondant should be stable for a long time (years) provided it is in a cool place and effectively stops moisture ingress; saves wasting freezer space. I still have some from an over exhuberant purchase 2 years ago in acceptable condition, stored ambient. Some large confectioners I work with in southern Europe are storing in this way (tight wrapped at ambients of 30'C + and holding 18 month stocks, so we should be OK in the UK! It's purely a physical quality protection required, bug wise it's stable. R

I have a 12.5kg block of fondant near my feet under my computer. It has been there a couple of years and has lost a couple hundred grams in that time. Some may need a little added water but it remains perfectly recoverable, if a bit crusty. It will get used, if and when needed. I would not be too bothered if it stayed there for another 5 years (just a bit more 'crusty'). I will just warm it in the oven and roll it out adding water to soften it. A bit messy but easy enough to do.

Regards, RAB

ditto, why on earth would you freeze it, should last 12months+ if sealed and cool

Latest posts

Back