Can anyone identify this please?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mandeville

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
WBC
Number of Hives
We didn't notice these blobs while we were doing the inspection - but saw them in the photo afterwards.

Any ideas please? Are they just reflections?

Thanks
Mandy

Looks like light shining through the comb from the other side.

Looks like light shining through the comb from the other side.

Could well be.... Looking at the lower ones there looks like one blob, but three in the higher cells... Light refraction angles?

Poke a stick in and see if you can get anything out.

It is light shining through as you can see the "Y" from the cell behind.

Mandy,

It's just a bit of light reflection and if you look across the frame you'll see quite a few others - it looks like healthy brood comb to me with grubs on the right.

If you can get an image of Jesus or, even better, XXXX....sell it to The Sun and make a fortune!

Last edited:
Thanks everyone - I thought it was most likely to be light coming through from the cells behind but Mr M was worried about it, so I posted the question just in case :)

DrS - as I said, I didn't notice these at the time, which is why I thought it was probably an artefact of the photo, but I have seen cells with eggs (in spite of my ageing eyesight).

Richardbees - no images of JC or Sachin Tendulkar so far, but I'll keep an eye out for them!

Mandy

Latest posts

Back