Bug killer

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobh

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Dadant
Number of Hives
My fruit trees are being decimated by Black fly and I expect Greenfly will follow. What treatment could I use that would not kill my bees. I am thinking of a dilute wash of Savon Noir (Its a French Black Soap liquid made from olive and other oils). The mix would be 5 soup spoons / litre of water sprayed either early morning or later evening.

I use a strong mix of soap and water but a direct spray onto bees may well kill them too so spray early morning or late afternoon.

Before or after the blossom, for any treatment, is the simple way around the problem. Clearly the problem has been around for some time?

My fruit trees are being decimated by Black fly and I expect Greenfly will follow. What treatment could I use that would not kill my bees. I am thinking of a dilute wash of Savon Noir (Its a French Black Soap liquid made from olive and other oils). The mix would be 5 soup spoons / litre of water sprayed either early morning or later evening.

Got to keep on top of those Bugs!. I spray before fruit blossom opens then every 4 weeks to ensure a good crop. So long as you don't spray during fruit blossom then no real harm will come you your bees.

Back