Bought in queen not laying after 3 weeks.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well I can only tell you my experience with bought in queens/ the ones I have bought before have been laying after a week/// have you seen the queen lately?? have they killed her??

Hi she was sold as "mated+marked"and definitely not killed as I saw here 2 days ago.

I have emailed the company tonight asking to get a refund if I send her back.

Will do one last check this weekend and then send her back Monday.

Hi she was sold as "mated+marked"and definitely not killed as I saw here 2 days ago.

I have emailed the company tonight asking to get a refund if I send her back.

Will do one last check this weekend and then send her back Monday.

surely, if she wasn't mated on purchase, she maybe by now, and could therefore be due to lay pretty soon

As this is the first queen I have bought in is this normal ?

Should I send her back ?

Thanks in advance

I had a queen once that never laid a single egg despite all her best efforts and after five weeks it was obvious she was not going to either.

The advice I was given at the time to encourage her and the bees was first to feed with some 1-1 syrup and then give the colony one or two brood frames from another colony as by now you will have very little if any brood in the hive.

I was told that if the two suggestions above did not do the trick and given the time, then sorry she is a dud and to remove her and unite with a Q+ colony.

Latest posts

Back