Blue Nitrile Gloves

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eddie

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
It is said bees don't like blue.

I am considering switching to nitrile gloves this season but I can only find them in purple and blue. Does anyone have any experience using these gloves, specifically does the colour tend to make the bees more aggressive?

I use nitrile gloves with one particularly "sticky" colony, they are the same blue as the background of this page. I have had no problems, the bees ignore them

I have had no probs with blue gloves or yellow/pink marigolds :)

the nitrile i would consider a bit light. they can tear. just wear two pairs at a time, you dont lose sensitivity in your fingers and if the outside pair get too sticky you can always take them off. Harder wearing nitrile gloves are available from suppliers to the emergency services google "pre hospital gloves/supplies" for an idea of where to go

Last edited:
the reason they are blue is so they can see them when they are inside you!
i have used the blue and would suggest you to use two pairs at a time as they can rip easily, as for shopping the quickest and cheapest place ever and i use alot of there stuff my lads are very clumsy WWW.stjohnsupplies.co.uk yep thats right the good old fashioned saint john ambalance servive do supplies. they come in four sizes i personaly is a big bloke with a pair of size 9 shovels or as the wife says cows udders as fingers!! i use the extra large normal bloke hands would try the large ladies might like to try the medium to small, if i remember about £4 per 100 gloves, and might i suggest you check your home first aid kit plasters as well as tablets and bandagges all have sell by and use by dates. i would preffere to use good old fashioned marigold myself just a little thicker for protection but equaly as cheep from asda ect

I'm a bricklayer and I use nitrile gloves by "SHOWA" and they are brilliant they don't rip or tear and totally water proof. They also do a glove "377" Bright blue also a good glove you can get them on e-bay

Busy Bee

I'ed like to see the state of their hands after a 1000 wet blocks in the foundations and all before 5.00pm. Not funny at all!

Busy Bee

Back