Black pollen in honey frames

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

enrico

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Occasionally see cells with black pollen in but more than usual this year . Some have more than this one . This is taken after I have heated the cappings with a hot air gun and before extraction just in case you wondered
IMG_20240817_113437147.jpg

Poppy I think eric, do you have them in your garden growing, also I’ve seen poppy fields around and headlands of fields with mixed wildflowers.
By the way I see there are a few acres of borage in fields near Ludlow.... Might be worth a hive or two!

By the way I see there are a few acres of borage in fields near Ludlow.... Might be worth a hive or two!
And caynam which is closer - no thanks I won’t be moving any bees near or two mono crops that are sprayed any more.
I saw photos of them nr Ludlow but they are owned by the earl of Plymouth estate and they have loads of hives

And caynam which is closer - no thanks I won’t be moving any bees near or too mono crops that are sprayed any more.
I saw photos of them nr Ludlow but they are owned by the earl of Plymouth estate and they have loads of hives.

Apologies mods can you remove one of my posts pls

Back