• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Beguinner req bees for 2017 merseyside and cheshire

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

conn4000

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Hi All
would anyone local to Ellesmere port have a nuc of bees complete with mated queen ready for a beguinner for the 2017 season
kind regards

I see you're new to this!

Best to join your local crowd, (if BBKA is still running in 2017).

Use the winter to read up on catching a swarm, you might just have someone local to you who lets a swarm escape!

I have bees for sale early next year.

Im just outside of Mold.

Drop me a PM and we can sort something out.

I see you're new to this!

Best to join your local crowd, (if BBKA is still running in 2017).

Use the winter to read up on catching a swarm, you might just have someone local to you who lets a swarm escape!

Local associations could run without the BBKA, just need to sort out public liability insurance.

As to the supply of bees many local associations offer theory training followed by practical training and the offer of a new colony to work with during the practical training. Some charge for the training, some provide it free to new paid up members. The bees are often sold at reasonable prices and support given to the trainee.
My association www.barkstonashbees.com gives free training as above and an established nuc colony on 6 frames to put into your own brood box typically costs around £100 subject to availability of numbers and demand. It's normal to keep your new colony in the association training apiary for the first year where help and guidance is on hand.

Back