• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

bees wanted east midlands, lincs

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, that's would be great if you can. Am new to beekeeping but am on a course in March and plan to join my local group. I just wanted to get sorted with one nuc as soon as I can.
Not even sure what sort of questions to ask :)
What hive would they be coming from? How many, how much?

There's George and big George as well as Richard and Nigel. Me, too, and a few others. Then there is wotsisname out at Carlby ('over' the old recently levelled bridge on the Greatford road).

Where are you located?

RAB

I havent got any plans to get rid on them to anybody else so theres no need to get too excited yet.
They are from a July split from my observation hive and are in a nuc. Cant remember how many frames but the box was qute heavy when I moved them before Christmas. Dont make a deal to buy them and as Rab says you might find somebody closer on your doorstep who can give more "after sales service" than I would be able to.
get your course done first before you commit yourself.

that must be the best advice Iv'e ever given on here..

Cheers for that. It's more about getting the feelers out at the moment and getting some much needed advice. Wasn't sure if you need to find/order a nuc early.

Cheers for that. It's more about getting the feelers out at the moment and getting some much needed advice. Wasn't sure if you need to find/order a nuc early.

Best to find as many people who have some for sale..

sods law you wont find any when you really really want them otherwise.

Cheers for the advice dishmop. I would like 2 if I can this year but would be happy with just one nuc to get me started. Any ideas on what sort of prices I will be looking at?

RAB are you anywhere near wittering/stamford?

Cheers for the advice dishmop. I would like 2 if I can this year but would be happy with just one nuc to get me started. Any ideas on what sort of prices I will be looking at?

RAB are you anywhere near wittering/stamford?
I couldnt with all fairness confirm anything at this time.

Its still early in the year yet to know how the nucs will turn out.

Latest posts

Back