bees underatack by wasps

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andre cardona

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
there must be more i can do to stop the basterd wasps going in to my hive ive taped up all but one bee space but they still go in and out.

on satuday im planning to unite and start a war on wasps

Follow them to nest and destroy if you can find it if i was nearer ide have a look for you. Its been a big year 4 wasps ive treated over 20 around my house and over 140 this year up 2 now

I say Toby, whats the best technique for getting rid of wasps nests ? I have a small nuc in the garden, settled here as a free "bee" :) but the stripey boys have taken over another nuc, left lurking next to the workshop, lesson learnt. :willy_nilly:
S

treated over 20 around my house and over 140 this year up 2 now[/QUOTE]

My neighbour asked me if I could remove a wasps nest for him, he was quoted £65 to get rid of, easy to get to done in less than 15mins (knocked into box when nearly dark) and he gladly gave me the £65 even when I said it was in my interest to get rid of the waspes as the nest was less than a 100ft away from my hives
Wish I had a 140 to get rid of at £65 thats £9100 now that would be worth doing even if it's part time

Rat glue is incredibly cruel and indiscriminate as it doesn't just catch wasps but many other small animals. There are far more effective ways of getting rid of wasps.

Depends where it is put - not had any problems with other animals or birds myself

So whats the best way of dealing with the wasps that have taken over my nuc that was out of use. bee-smillie
Thanks
S

Rat glue is incredibly cruel and indiscriminate as it doesn't just catch wasps but many other small animals. There are far more effective ways of getting rid of wasps.

ok how do i do this im open to iders that work

If theres a nest in a nuc ant powder in entrance wil sort wasps out/ you can stand and watch wich way there going and follow them to nest they allways go in a straight line back 2 nest

How to find a wasp's nest?

Apparently you sift icing sugar onto them then follow which way they go as they show up white.

Latest posts

Back