• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Bees Wanted Bees needed

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Plytek

New Bee
Reaction score
Number of Hives
Hi All

Unfortunately I have lost my hive over the winter.
I would like to start again but money is tight so I'm looking for not expensive nuc/split/swarm.
I'm based in South London.

Thanks
Artur

Unfortunately I have lost my hive over the winter.

Have you checked down the back of the sofa? All sorts of stuff gets down there.

I would like to start again but money is tight so I'm looking for not expensive nuc/split/swarm.
I'm based in South London.

Set up the existing hive as a bait hive in early April and you might not have to pay for a new colony at all...

James

Unfortunately spring nucs are expensive and if you can find any under £250 you’ll be doing well.
James advice is great put some bait hives up and as many as possible spread around covering as much area as possible. I’d also ensure you get them up early so end of March onwards. Plenty of bait hive advice on the forum or post a new question….Ian

Thanks for all replays.
I'll definitely set up my hive and nucleus as bait hives, 🤞.
I'm not a member of local association yet. Will contact them and I'll try to get on swarm list.

Thanks for all replays.
I'll definitely set up my hive and nucleus as bait hives, 🤞.
I'm not a member of local association yet. Will contact them and I'll try to get on swarm list.
what experience do you have? Until you know why you lost your hive you dont want to go spending any more money. Do you have any ideas about the cause?

Latest posts

Back