bees near tetbury in gloucestershire

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peteinwilts

Drone Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Lots and lots
Hi Guys

I am working with Reading Uni with a pollination project.

I have popped 30 hives on one of the sites which is on one of the many fields of OSR in the neighbourhood not too far from Tetbury.

This afternoon, the freindly farmers wife saw someone dressed in a beesuit in the field. It was not me or a member of Reading Uni, and the person had gone by the time the farmer got there to challenge them (first making sure I had not aurhorised them to be there)

If it was someone on this forum, please pm me. I am sure it was innocent interest, but would rather know it was a 'friendly' and not someone scoping how large a van they need to cart them away.

I have a couple of 'electronic gadgets' helping to trap any unsuspecting thieves which have not been triggered, and have not yet tracked the webcams leading to the field.

If it was you, please do not post the open forum with details of the location.
If the interest is innocent, I am happy to answer questions or give a tour of the hives.
Cheers
Pete

Not somebody having a look as they passed by then if they had a suit with them.

I had my suit in my car since march just incase I have time to do my bees or get a call about swarms, I don't have time to go home and get everything.

I had my suit in my car since march just incase I have time to do my bees or get a call about swarms, I don't have time to go home and get everything.

ditto, full kit and spare in my car now. just in case there are swarms on-site at work, and also go straight to apiary in the eve.

I had my suit in my car since march ....

Same here, but I wouldn't go near anybody else's bees without being invited.

This "someone dressed in a beesuit in the field" seems suspicious, let's hope it isn't.

SBI? Worth a call Pete to cross them off the list......

Latest posts

Back