Bees fetching nectar or water

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"but how do you know when there bringing either water or nectar????"

since i'm sure that (scouts aside in preparation for swarming) bees aren't keen on wasting energy on pleasure flights then it can be safely presumed that any bees returning to the hive that do not bear pollen must by definition be carrying either water or nectar.

Agreed but I think the question was, how do we know if a bee is bringing in water or if it is bringing in nectar, not one or the other. I know some have tried to answer that question. Guess its still just an educated guess then:.)

"but I think the question was, how do we know if a bee is bringing in water or if it is bringing in nectar, not one or the other"

the original question could be interpreted in either way!!!!

"but I think the question was, how do we know if a bee is bringing in water or if it is bringing in nectar, not one or the other"

the original question could be interpreted in either way!!!!

You're right of course, just thats the way I would interpret it, possibly being a newbee that hadn't thought of asking that question until it appeared on here?

Latest posts

Back