Bees eating cherries

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babnik42

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Dadant
Number of Hives
Our cherry tree, which is just behind our hives is full of bees apparently eating cherries. The cherries are over ripe and split and the bees seem to be taking in the sugars. I guess I shouldn't be surprised but I've never seen this behaviour before.

I once spent a delightful afternoon in an orchard watching the bees sipping plum juice out of the fruits on the trees. :)

I wonder if it will result in a very nice addition to your honey . . .

Our cherry tree, which is just behind our hives is full of bees apparently eating cherries. The cherries are over ripe and split and the bees seem to be taking in the sugars. I guess I shouldn't be surprised but I've never seen this behaviour before.

I wish i had some cherries left on the tree after the storm .

I have cherries but no Bees yet - still waiting for them to find it or will have to buy some soon :(

Lets hope the sugar hasn't fermented to produce alcohol. The last thing you want is 50,000 pi**ed up bees spoiling for a fight!

In times of drought, American bees in S Carolina suck the juice from elderberries, making a rare and highly valued pink coloured honey according to a novel I read recently. So you never know your luck!

Latest posts

Back