bees covered in orange pollen

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yellow pollen on bee and orange pollen basket.....strange

Yep, I had one of those, thought it strange too. Maybe young pollen more vivid colour, old pollen a bit faded? Just a thought.

Isn't the colour difference between pollen on bee's body and that in the pollen baskets down to the nectar and other stuff the bee regurgitates to get the pollen to stick nicely together, and what turns it into bee bread?

Isn't the colour difference between pollen on bee's body and that in the pollen baskets down to the nectar and other stuff the bee regurgitates to get the pollen to stick nicely together, and what turns it into bee bread?

Good point - it is wet!

Some of mine have been getting back with what looks like a yellow heart shape stamped on there forehead,! Think they have been clubing :)

Hi Dared,
Let's have a pic. Someone may know what they are on!

hi
my bees are also looking just the same as your great photos. We have loads of laburnum although I haven't seen a lot of bees on the flowers (been told its poisonous too!). We live in the Highlands and round us at the moment there is wall to wall broom and gorse in flower, could it possibly be this?

Latest posts

Back