Beekeeping in Sicily

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Second photo is carob (Ceratonia siliqua), there are male and female trees. The male trees give abundant pollen and nectar. It has a very characteristic smell........

Ah yes. It smelt of chocolate.There were other trees with the characteristic seed pods and I remarked at the time to husband that the leaves were the same.

As for the seeds...I found them in a local garden centre along with veggie seeds that I brought back. (The shop assistant offered me a plant but I thought that was a bad idea) and I don't see Ceiba speciosa on the invasive plant list.
And...thanks JB there are some surprising plants on your list

As for the seeds...I found them in a local garden centre along with veggie seeds that I brought back. (The shop assistant offered me a plant but I thought that was a bad idea) and I don't see Ceiba speciosa on the invasive plant list.

As far as I know there's free movement of commercially packed seeds within EU. If there isn't, we've broken the law too, because we've also brought veggie seeds home with us.

The shop assistant offered me a plant but I thought that was a bad idea

Well done - it's not just the plants that can be a problem - it's the soil they sit in which can carry all sorts of nasties. You can bring some plants in but they need to be accompanied by a phytosanitary certificate

Latest posts

Back