beekeeper wannanbe (no pun intended)

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goldav

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Live near Chester and am looking for help/advice on how to set up in Bee keeping, I'm a complete novice but have the land and the time but not the knowhow and would be grateful to any advice from local bee keepers on the best courses, equipment etc. and if possible any local keepers willing to share their time etc.
Realise it will probably be a little late for this season now but need to start sometime soon.

Regards

Dave

Its a good time to start,find a local group and make contact.
Most have a monthly meeting you can go along to.
Have a look through a hive before spending out,that way you can decide if beekeeping is for you.

Hi Goldav, and welcome.

This is a good time to get into learning about it. My local association had a taster day in April, which is where I started- I'm sure others do the same. In the meantime, get 'Bees at the bottom of the Garden' by Alan Campion out of the library, this is not the most informative but a good starting point so you will know which way up the hive goes! If you enjoy this and the starter day, your association should help you forward. DONT be tempted to get bees until a) you know you enjoy beekeeping, and not just the idea of it, and b)you have learnt the basics with an instructor.

Personally, I quite like it :D

welcome to the forum
as above, advise join local association

Latest posts

Back