Beekeeper questionnaire

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ftoscano

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Hello everybody,

We are three students of an MBA program and, as part of our final thesis work, have chosen to analyze Beekeeping. It is such an important activity: we all significantly depend on bees, and consequently on the hard-work of the beekeepers, even if we are not fully cognizant of that fact.

We are not hobbyists ourselves and have no prior experience or contact with Beekeeping, but we would like to try and start a beehive at the University over the year of 2019 in order to complement our research.

To that effect, we would like your help to fill in a small questionnaire, which should take a maximum of ~5 mins of your time. You can fill in the Google Forms questionnaire at the following link:

docs.google.com/forms/d/13SWCLSaPk9TpvRw3qiVkNiOheEhFalwtW3plyBoc_Fk

No Google login is required, and no personal data shall be collected.

If you have any additional questions, please do let us know in the comments :)

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Ive, Moritz, Filipe

(My apologies to the moderators and members of the board for including an URL, despite not having achieved the necessary post count of 10. But I also don't want to spam some unnecessary messages.)

Done.
Would have been good to know your location or the name of the university?

Not wasting my time on a pointless MBA project.

How to harvest beekeeper details.
I don't do surveys with no means of contacting the originators could easily be a scam .
And breaking forum rules to set up a questionnaire- alarming lack of respect.

How to harvest beekeeper details.
I don't do surveys with no means of contacting the originators could easily be a scam .
And breaking forum rules to set up a questionnaire- alarming lack of respect.

Fair enough.

I quickly looked beforehand, and there is a seemingly contactable person by the name of Filipe Toscano, currently doing an EMBA at Mannheim. Took about ten seconds.

Fair enough.

I quickly looked beforehand, and there is a seemingly contactable person by the name of Filipe Toscano, currently doing an EMBA at Mannheim. Took about ten seconds.

If he/she can't be bothered to add their name and contact details, I can't be bothered to look for then:hairpull:

Hello all,

Thank you for all the feedback so far. We will be analyzing the answers so far, and will gladly post the summary here at the end.

In the meantime, if you have any questions (to the project, scope, intent) please write here and we will gladly answer.

> @alfazer / @jenkinsbrynmair
> Would have been good to know your location or the name of the university?

Certainly, the University is:

Mannheim Business School
mannheim-business-school.com/en/

We are currently attending the "Mannheim Executive MBA (Part-Time)" program, due to be complete in September 2019.

> @madasafish
> I don't do surveys with no means of contacting the originators

My profile is available at:

Filipe Toscano @ LinkedIn
linkedin.com/in/filipetoscano/

If you would like to have my personal email address, I could PM that to you.

> @madasafish
> How to harvest beekeeper details.

I checked several times that, when setting up the Google Forms questionnaire, that there was no hidden checkbox which logged IP address, or required login. That was explicitly not our intent.

> @madasafish
> And breaking forum rules to set up a questionnaire- alarming lack of respect.

Would you prefer that I needlessly and strategically post 10 comments, just to get past the anti-spam rule of _clickable_ URL? How would you have done it?

> @beebopper
> Not wasting my time on a pointless MBA project.

Fair enough.

Furthermore, I would be the first to recognize the standing trope of "money grabbing blue suit" that usually stereotypes those who attend such courses. And while we may feel that our group (as a whole) does not conform to that description, I would argue that such categorizations are inevitable.

As to our project, we recognize that we have taken (a moderate) risk in pursuing a project-type which isn't a "classical MBA" material, such as defining go-to-market strategies, or adjustment of business models. We explicitly set out with an eco angle and ultimately settled on bees. Please do let us know if you would like to know more.

> @madasafish
> If he/she can't be bothered to add their name and contact details

I have no issue doing so (hence why I used my personal name as login), but it is usually considered poor form to post personal information -- especially as a first post. :)

Best regards,
Filipe

Last edited:
Back