Beecam now improved quality (and new bees!)

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beewolf

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
10-30
I'm just running a small swarm I caught yesterday into the Sysonby beecam - nice new foundation and the picture is now better quality for anyone interested. I wont post a link but you can google "beecam".

Wouldn't work when I used chrome (missing plug in) but looks good with explorer.

Looks great! Nice to see them on fresh foundation, is the camera at the center of the hive or on an outer frame? Maybe HRH will wander past and drop a few eggs in. What are the origins of your bees? Their colouring and marking are more like those of wasps in comparison to my bees!

This is actually an observation hive. The camera has been running for three years now with the same colony (it has swarmed every year) but this spring it has not built up very well and the queen was laying poorly. I took the opportunity to replace the bees this morning after I caught a small swarm yesterday.

Lighting is always an issue and I hope that lighter coloured bees may help - my own bees are much darker than these. certainly the picture is always better with new wax than old.

My ISP has recently dramatically increased my upload speed so I am now able to broadcast at a much higher quality than before, and a faster frame rate.

just that they are taking their time going in - the swarm was only put in this morning and today isn't the best flying day so the stragglers are taking a while to find their way in.

No, same cameras but just faster processing. The cameras are standard CCTV cameras.

I wont post a link but you can google "beecam".
Why ever not - you're not advertising, in fact the beecam is bloody interesting!?

In case there's some confusion here's the Rules on 'links' from the forum:

POSTING LINKS:

Purposely posting links to objectionable material likely to offend will lead to immediate banishment here in the forums. Exact details of what is and is not appropriate can not be covered here due to forum security reasons, but if we believe you have "unintentionally" committed an offense, you will be notified and an explanation may be given - at the very least each case is handled by the Admin and whatever is best for the forum is the deciding factor.

We recently found while optimizing the forum that a member had over 500 links to his commercial website.
This will no longer be tolerated as it not only drags down the forum in the search engine ratings but also goes against our commercial selling rules.

If you find a particular website has been blocked and you receive a warning message during your posting, again do not try going around any word filters, they are in place for a reason. We reserve the right to block any website we find to be offensive to the members here. This is an administrative decision that likely is in place due to security reasons. If you knowing break up a websites address so that it gets past our filters, you will be caught and banned with no prior warning given.

Please do not posts links to websites that are affiliated to the BBKA.
R2

Last edited:
this cam has been on my favourites bar for over a year pop in every now and then to see what they are upto. the last time about a week ago i was sure i saw HM wander down the side of the cam and lay a few eggs as she went.

queen is in frame at the moment

Back