Bee trees

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I do seem to have prompted comment. Maybe folks on here are bored with the 'keeping' now most winter prep is done. My comment on oak trees on the ley lines was something I read somewhere during my musings on the subject of trees. Cant find the source but the quote was something akin to ' because oak may have some iron content it is 100 to 1000 times more likely to self set on ley lines.
It's OK .. we have this dicussion at least once a year .... this one is more civilised than some of the previous ones ... it's a bit like religion ... you either believe or you don't. As long as we accept the opposing views there is nothing to hate here ... if you are on the fence it costs very little (apart from a bit a bit of humiliation or embarrasment if there are onlookers !) to try and see what happens. The rods will either work for you or they won't ... if they do it's a very strange feeling when you see them swing and cross.

Dowsing is a Ideomotor phenomenon where the dowser is actually reading the land, seeing ubconciously the greener patch or dip where there is water or a pipe.
Or perhaps some people have the vestiges of a primeval ability to sense something with a power that we no longer have the cognisance to recognise is within us ?

You have no more chance of proving your theory than I have of proving mine ...

You see ... there you go ... not everything can be explained scientifically but seeing is believing ... we'll meet up when this damned virus is over and you can play with my dowsing rods.

Don,t worry about the virus, I have a magic crystal that can protect us from that.;)

I was taking hypothetically, but I would very much like to see your bees and have another crack at dowzing. So you never know, perhaps we can arrange something next year.

Don,t worry about the virus, I have a magic crystal that can protect us from that.;)

I was taking hypothetically, but I would very much like to see your bees and have another crack at dowzing. So you never know, perhaps we can arrange something next year.
If it's an open invite I'd like to come and play as well 😀

Reply to Apple's post:
Every year since I have lived in this area I have had a call from Mr Goggins* an ex Methodist minister to remove at least one swarm from his " bee tree " it is on the intersection of about 17 "lines" that I have detected with my divining rods.
I have an old wall in my top orchard which once again collects a swarm of bees every year, once again on the intersection of "lines".... Roger Patterson discovered this one on one of his visits to give a talk the West County beekeepers... and in fact convince me to try "dowsing"​

Great to see a post that supports the 'energy lines' hypothesis. I tested 50+ locations where a swarm settled trying to find one that would fail the rods. Sorry skeptics, I am yet to find one. Roger Paterson and John Harding are on the money.

I'm not sure if my crystal can protect 3 people at once! ;)

Seriously, I would be up for meeting some of you lot in RL and having a dowzing day out. Weather we could ever get round to organizing anything is another question.

But I can imagine it now:

Wife - "Where are you going with those cloths hangers?",
Me - "I am meeting up with some random beekeepers I met online to go dowzing, bye!"

Seriously, I would be up for meeting some of you lot in RL and having a dowzing day out. Weather we could ever get round to organizing anything is another question.

Me - "I am meeting up with some random beekeepers I met online to go dowzing, bye!"
This could become another BBKA module all on its own:calmdown:
Chons da

This could become another BBKA module all on its own:calmdown:
Chons da

@bobba ....Well ... it's the best exscuse for a good day out that I've heard in a long time ... what wife is going to argue with that ? It will take half an hour for her mouth to close in astonishment !

Yes ... I'm up for it ... once this damned virus is out of the way ... I suspect it's going to be next year sometime ... make it somewhere accessible for all and we can have a Dowsing Beekeepers day out ....

Yes ... I'm up for it ... once this damned virus is out of the way ... I suspect it's going to be next year sometime ... make it somewhere accessible for all and we can have a Dowsing Beekeepers day out ....
Hows about Salisbury plain? or will your dowsing rods reach meltdown?

Hows about Salisbury plain? or will your dowsing rods reach meltdown?

I was at Old Sarum a few weekends ago ... really spooky place when you consider the past history of that whole area around the plain and stonehenge ... I wonder if they would let us dowse around the stones at the equinox ?

I was at Old Sarum a few weekends ago ... really spooky place when you consider the past history of that whole area around the plain and stonehenge ... I wonder if they would let us dowse around the stones at the equinox ?
You could always come down my neck of the woods, dowse around the sacred well and the apiary at the shooting range - see if we can explain the change of temperament on stands 1,4,6 and 7 😁

You could always come down my neck of the woods, dowse around the sacred well and the apiary at the shooting range - see if we can explain the change of temperament on stands 1,4,6 and 7 😁
Yes ... I'm game .. if they ever reopen the Severn Bridge and let us back into Wales .... you might get to like being insulated from the rest of the world ....

This place is getting worse than tinder😍

This place is getting worse than tinder😍
I think we should open the event to everyone who can get there ... sort of gumboot rally ... bring your own coat hangers and biros ...

Of course ... my superior hand turned yew handled copper plated ones will be available for hire ...or for sale when you are convinced ...

Yes ... I'm game .. if they ever reopen the Severn Bridge and let us back into Wales .... you might get to like being insulated from the rest of the world ....
what do you mean get to like? 😁

Latest posts

Back