Bee removal from block cavity wall

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnRoss

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I am going back to a guy that I visited last year. He has had bees in the cavity wall of his office/garage for the last 6 years. I captured a swarm from them last year. The bees are getting in and out through a hole at the corner of the door and two other points where the cavity meets the roof. at this point I think the bees are in a good third of the front of the building. I the guy has told me he is prepared to knock the outer block wall of the cavity if needs be to remove the bees if necessary but at this stage wants them away asap. I had thought of offering him the option of a trap-out or to just start removing the outer wall block by block if necessary. Has anyone any thoughts.

Waht are the inner walls made of and can you access the cavity from the roof; ie. take some tiles off( if tiled) and turn back felt? Bee vac maybe handy!

Buy , steal beg borrow an inspection camera to dertermine where they are and extent of nest to minimise demolition work, the need to support roof etc and winding the bees up.

Latest posts

Back