bee inspector visit??

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are still pending!!! Does it normally take 10 months for the results to be sent/posted?

I think we need to turn to a 'Yes Minister', Sir Humphry quote at this point.

'Enforce in haste, report at leisure!' nuff said. I think you are safe to assume no news = gd news and it's probably not the bee inspector who has let you down.

MM - did a similar thing myself recently. I think the format of your username depends on when you registered, but the current format is firstinitial+surname - eg mmetro.

Not the speediest at reacting to lost passwords requests, but very helpful if you call them

I had a visit from the inspector last year to take random samples for testing. He was most helpful and did a full inspection of asll my hives. I logged into beebase last week as I had never received the results of the tests on my samples. They are still pending!!! Does it normally take 10 months for the results to be sent/posted?

It's a 2 year study so don't hold your breath :gnorsi:

John Wilkinson

well, had my first visit, everything was ok, nice big colonies. When i asked about selling honey in farm shops he said that i don't need anything, just take the honey there and if they agree to sell it then good enough. what about all this talk going through showing your kitchen ..

I had the same thing happen my other half delt with him. this happened on the 7th of july .

I checked my hive yesterday evening and it is queenless with 3 sealed queen cells I hope he wasnt clumsy my other half did say he seemed to be banging my frames rather hard to clear them.

If I was you I'd contact them and tell them to get down to you lively to explain why your bees were fine one minute, and queenless after his visit. :mad:

I have only had these bees since Tuesday, but I am VERY protective already. I think the owner of the bees must be present if inspected. We are lucky, our bee inspector had a hand in our project and our bees came from him.

As for the ex bee inspector who kept turning up after his post had ended, that's pretty sad really. Poor bloke must have nothing else to do.

MM - did a similar thing myself recently. I think the format of your username depends on when you registered, but the current format is firstinitial+surname - eg mmetro.

Not the speediest at reacting to lost passwords requests, but very helpful if you call them

Thanks, did that, and yes very helpfull ,i am now ables to log on...

my christian name is Geoffrye but everyone things i have mispelt Geoffrey and therefore change email etc to geoffrey@ etc, so i tend to use Geoff ...but on beebase i had used my fully correct name as part of the user name....senior moment...where did i put my hive tool :biggrinjester:

Latest posts

Back