Bee Inspector Vacancy (South West)

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnotherNewBee

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
WBC
Number of Hives
1 WBC
I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this. It came up in my job search emails. Hopefully the link will survive intact. If not, pm me and I'll send it to you.

1235321 Seasonal Bee Inspector (CSP 3699 Western Region)

Grade: EO

Role Type: Science

National in South West

If you are an existing Civil Servant you may need to log into the CS Jobs website before viewing the job details.

https://jobs.civilservice.gov.uk/sa...fair&jcode=1235321&url=/company/nghr/jobs.cgi

The Civil Service Recruitment Team

Seasonal bee inspector jobs are advertised every year, they have to 'cos of the rules. To be honest the same people tend get re-employed each year but no doubt genuine vacancies arise from time to time for which they don't have an applicant.

Seasonal bee inspector jobs are advertised every year, they have to 'cos of the rules. To be honest the same people tend get re-employed each year but no doubt genuine vacancies arise from time to time for which they don't have an applicant.

this vacancy is for the RBI post, it's been advertised internally for a little while now and last time I saw it, it was at stage 2 which is internal only.

edit - I should have clicked the link before replying :banghead:

this vacancy is for the RBI post, it's been advertised internally for a little while now and last time I saw it, it was at stage 2 which is internal only.

edit - I should have clicked the link before replying :banghead:

I worked with civil servants for more years than I care to remember. There were some really good folk but they talked a language of their own and to get on people had to play the game.

So...this would be the Regional Bee Inspector post which is advertised as a Seasonal Bee Inspector. That should cut down the number of applicants. Which from my experience was always a good aim - fewer people to interview.

Civil Servants have a reputation for playing with paper clips and not doing much else, including work.

A company I worked with took on an ex-civil service computer programmer. It turned out she was a pathetic programmer, but a genius at paper-clip art. :laughing-smiley-004

At least this vacancy is for a home based job. It should be possible to at least vaguely tolerate work colleagues if you only see them one or two days a week.

So...this would be the Regional Bee Inspector post which is advertised as a Seasonal Bee Inspector. That should cut down the number of applicants. Which from my experience was always a good aim - fewer people to interview.

sorry, I jumped in without looking at the link, the ad that I saw a couple of weeks ago was for the RBI job and was a completely different ad to this one

Never mind all the cs bashing, someone might actually fancy a job, so is there a job going, and is it an RBI or an SBI?

i have checked the FERA web site for vacances and its not being advertised on their own site, how strange

Looks somewhat confusing I admit, but it is a seasonal vacancy in the Western region which runs from North Somerset up to Cheshire.

Contact the Bee Unit for more specifics, or PM me and I might be able to point you in the right direction.

Meg

So why isnt it on the fera site?
I thought all RBI/SBI were employed by them

Our Bee inspector here in the South informed me that he has been given the 'Go-ahead' only today to advertise for two seasonal Bee Inspectors to replace two that have moved onto other projects of their own.

The adverts will eventually appear on their website I would assume. More likely to see them first in BBKA news and/or Beecraft 'though.

Meg

Last edited:
So why isnt it on the fera site?
I thought all RBI/SBI were employed by them

Most civil service jobs are advertised internally first - I think the link is to the internal advert.

I have just received the following in an e-mail from Bee craft:-

"Dear Subscriber

We thought you’d like to know about the SBI posts which have become available (see below). These will be advertised on the FERA website www.defra.gov.uk/fera/careers from Saturday 17th March. Please note the closing date for applications is 2nd April.

Please forward this email to anyone you think may be interested. Details can also be found at www.bee-craft.com/news. Our bee inspectors do a fantastic job and we’d like to do all we can to help FERA recruit the right people for this role.

Best wishes from The Bee Craft Team"

There was also a pdf attachment that had more details of the 4 seasonal posts. 2 in Southern Region, 1 in Wales and 1 in Western. Sorry, I can't seem to paste that into here. Perhaps someone else can. Closing date is 2nd April.

Meg

P.S. Following the link, I notice that it is still NOT available on the DEFRA website so for anyone interested I would suggest they contact the Bee Unit direct.

Latest posts

Back