Bee Craft Distribution?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris B

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Langstroth
Number of Hives
Does anyone know what it is?

(I'm comparing ad. rates versus BBKA News)

i.e. how many copies sold monthly?

Last edited:
Does anyone know what it is?

(I'm comparing ad. rates versus BBKA News)

i.e. how many copies sold monthly?

No I don't, but as someone who's in no way a fan of Beecraft, I'd imagine that the return over an advert in the BBKA News news would be quite substanial simply because of the online presence of the add (unless that costs extra).

Then, it's only about a month ago that PH made an appearance on 'Downsizer' forum resurrecting a long dead thread and talking up the (then) upcoming Beecraft article on poly hives...so perhaps you should be there...

Last edited:
And the small print has changed......

Bee Craft Nov 2011 "Anyone wishing to offer queens and bees for sale must declare whether the bees are UK bred........"

Bee Craft August 2011 "Anyone wishing to offer queens and bees for sale must sign a declaration that they have not been imported into the British Isles."

If you believe their own web site...

Bee Craft Readership

Over 7000 dedicated beekeepers and their families , potential beekeepers, people just beginning beekeeping and those who are very experienced read Bee Craft.
Please direct any queries about advertising with Bee Craft to Pauline Aslin

if someone declares that all their bees for sale were reared in the UK . . . ?

As most beekeepers rear, rather than breed queens, the semantics could, perhaps, make for an interesting discussion.

You don't breed eggs,

If you believe their own web site...

Bee Craft Readership

Over 7000 dedicated beekeepers and their families , potential beekeepers, people just beginning beekeeping and those who are very experienced read Bee Craft.
Please direct any queries about advertising with Bee Craft to Pauline Aslin

Many thanks. That would explain why it's cheaper than ads in BBKA News with distribution triple that.

well i have a firefly at Goring on Thames , 1960 built, nice to sail up to the Leather Bottle for lunch or drop the mast and walk her under the railway bridge and go to Dorchester on thames

Paddled this

DSCF3090.JPG

to Goring this summer (the connection between Firefly and Serenity is for sci fi fans!). That's the limit of how far we have reached so far from Ashford Keynes; planning to continue next year - so thanks for the tip about the pub!

My brother uses a kayak for Coastal geocaching where the only access to beach say, is from the water. But he has been warned (although it's not yet happened) that be could get charged a launching and landing fee. I laughed when he told me and said "yeah right go jump mate it's a free beach" but apparently this is true. I'm appalled - has anyone else found this. A harbour for a boat - fair enough - mooring fee etc. But a bloomin kayak???

Storm™;186055 said:
My brother uses a kayak for Coastal geocaching where the only access to beach say, is from the water. But he has been warned (although it's not yet happened) that be could get charged a launching and landing fee. I laughed when he told me and said "yeah right go jump mate it's a free beach" but apparently this is true. I'm appalled - has anyone else found this. A harbour for a boat - fair enough - mooring fee etc. But a bloomin kayak???
:iagree:
We ARE talking DUTCHY LAND here?:eek::eek::eek:

I pay a small fortune to HIM to moor my ancient Hurley 22 yacht over a bit of HIS mud .......

needless to say it sticks in the craw when so little is ever given back to Cornwall one of the poorest (income wise of those who live here all year around.... not the second and third homer ROCKITES!) counties in the UK
:willy_nilly:

(HIGHEST WATER COSTS ETC !)
did get threatened with landing charges for squidgie boat tender at Cawsands..... but when I proved I LIVED in Cornwall the git walked away... obviously my pockets were not bulging with the tourists dollar!
(Mini Rant Over...)

Last edited:
:iagree:
We ARE talking DUTCHY LAND here?:eek::eek::eek:

I pay a small fortune to HIM to moor my ancient Hurley 22 yacht over a bit of HIS mud .......

needless to say it sticks in the craw when so little is ever given back to Cornwall one of the poorest (income wise of those who live here all year around.... not the second and third homer ROCKITES!) counties in the UK
:willy_nilly:

(HIGHEST WATER COSTS ETC !)
did get threatened with landing charges for squidgie boat tender at Cawsands..... but when I proved I LIVED in Cornwall the git walked away... obviously my pockets were not bulging with the tourists dollar!
(Mini Rant Over...)

You just need another 19,999 Cornishmen and you can march down to London in protest.

You just need another 19,999 Cornishmen and you can march down to London in protest.

Think that one has been tried!

Most MPs know where Muckle Flugga is .......but think Cornwall is another country!
Unless of course they have their little quaint country house ( with or without moat) somewhere near Rock?
{Do people actually LIVE there?}

BUT elsewhere you can leave your kayac moored up to the LW mark and wade ashore?
all LW to HW belongs to Crown... I believe

Serenity, best film, ever. Beautiful script with so many funny lines, ("batteries", and "give him an hour" are two classics)

Serenity, best film, ever. Beautiful script with so many funny lines, ("batteries", and "give him an hour" are two classics)

Got my son this for Christmas last year - had to get it brought from USA!

41sgJmlEMEL._SX342_.jpg

Guys: don't get started on access to water(ways), it's worse than Warré hives and Oxalic Acid combined for starting a fight :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back