BBKA Past papers

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SixFooter

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Just paid £10 for some past papers but didn't get a download link. PayPal sent me an email to say I paid, but nothing from the BBKA!

Last time I tried downloading past papers they were free and there was no aggravation!

It's not the money so much as the time sorting it out.

Which ones are you after? I've got a few I downloaded before they were being charged for that I'm happy to email you

When did the BBKA start charging for past Module papers? I must have missed that announcement. I know that they used to charge in the past but then made them free to BBKA members on their web site.

they were free last month. but not now cheeky buggers.

They didn't announce a charge because they didn't want a run on downloads.
That's been discussed on their forum by the 3 people that post there.

Did the exam fees change this year or last by £5 up to £30 ?

They didn't announce a charge because they didn't want a run on downloads.

I'm just an old cynic but seems more likely it was to protect the future income :(

Apart from ego massage is there a defined benefit to having the various bits of paper? Vocational training, City and Guilds, National Certificates, degrees etc provide paid employment potential in various industries but what does a BBKA module give?

I'm just an old cynic but seems more likely it was to protect the future income :(

Apart from ego massage is there a defined benefit to having the various bits of paper? Vocational training, City and Guilds, National Certificates, degrees etc provide paid employment potential in various industries but what does a BBKA module give?

modules don't really give you anything other than a reason to improve your knowledge.
I know some people with modules etc and they are shite beekeepers lmao.
All they do imo is give you a goal to work towards, I haven't done any yet and the more they try and screw money out of the situation the less inclined I am to do them.

Thanks to a link posted on the BBKA forum the past papers are downloadable from this link. No Nov 2016 though.
https://www.barkstonashbees.com/exams

I take my hat off to anyone doing and passing the modules. They may or may not make you a better practical beekeeper but your knowledge of bees and all things related can't help but be(e) improved. Which is a very positive thing.
With a pass mark set at 60% they aint easy to pass either.
But they aren't to everyone's taste, they demand a lot of self discipline involving reading and learning of all sorts of stuff.

If you are on facebook have a look on the various BBKA Module forums - most have the old papers uploaded and available for free

Latest posts

Back