BBKA membership cards

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a Letter

As I applied for an individual membership my application has to be considered by members of the Executive Committee and will result in delays, but in the meantime am covered for insurance for all Bee Keeping Activities.

Ah Norfolk is back.
Is now the time and place to reveal the anti theft device we all have been clamouring for ?

Cheers

Has anyone recieved their 2014/2015 BBKA card Yet?

I haven't had my "Registered" card yet (unless it was hidden in a magazine and I accidentally binned it), but my OH got her "Partner" card in a letter in the post today.

I wonder whether they've made some changes to the system?

just got my post (friday) and BBKA news was in it, The membership card is attached to the orange adrress label/letter thingy

just got my post (friday) and BBKA news was in it, The membership card is attached to the orange adrress label/letter thingy

My BBKA news came today with membership card. Its on the covering letter - so don't throw it away!

Notice that BBKA news includes a seperate British Bee Journal - is this going to be something monthly? Also that there is a twice monthly email publication - anyone know how we sign up for this? Probably the answers to both questions are in the magazine - but I haven't got round to looking yet!

Received my magazine and membership card Saturday am...

Does anyone else feel that the cards are a bit flimsy??

The back of mine peeled off the moment I took it out of the paper sheet.

M

Apologies for digging up an old thread, it is kind of relevant.

On the 10th December, I filled out the forms to join the BBKA, and paid the membership via bank transfer.

So far, have not heard a dickybird, received a receipt or a confirmation email.

I have emailed them a couple of times (including the day I sent the forms electronically, which was soon after I had them emailed to me), and am not getting a response.

Is this normal? The last thing I want to do is keep chasing and quote trading laws (Just because the item is not physical, does not mean trading laws do not apply). Not the best way of making friends, but have to say far from impressive.
Not great first impressions.

Thoughts?
Cheers
Pete

Apologies for digging up an old thread, it is kind of relevant.

On the 10th December, I filled out the forms to join the BBKA, and paid the membership via bank transfer.

So far, have not heard a dickybird, received a receipt or a confirmation email.

I have emailed them a couple of times (including the day I sent the forms electronically, which was soon after I had them emailed to me), and am not getting a response.

Is this normal? The last thing I want to do is keep chasing and quote trading laws (Just because the item is not physical, does not mean trading laws do not apply). Not the best way of making friends, but have to say far from impressive.
Not great first impressions.

Thoughts?
Cheers
Pete

Suggest you give them a ring.

Since they spend so much on admin, there really is no excuse.

But I expect that either side of Christmas their attention might have been more towards internal politics and the SDM and ADM business.

How did you get their bank details? Bank transfer is not one of the payment options given on the BBKA individual membership form. Or are you actually talking about joining a member association? In which case you'll be waiting a while as up to 3 layers involved, none of which is likely to be efficient.

Latest posts

Back