bbka mann lake

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackie

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Langstroth
Number of Hives
30 langstroths with 3 on double brood and solid floors and no queen excluder til the fall
received bbka news today and on the back page mann lake offering px for your national hive and £100 towards a brand new langstroth hive what do you think would beekeepers convert to a mans hive?

there are always cheap deals on hives and a new company is bound to want to do a good price to get its foot in the door.
personally I wouldn't want the bother of changing unless my hives needed replacing.

I expect Patrick will be bringing some of his stuff along to the Dover & District BKA AGM tomorrow. Chance of a word.
No, I'm not planning on changing from 14x12. Well, not yet awhile ... !

Hes got the gift of the gab your be converted by the end of the year

Mann Lake could have a huge impact on British beekeeping over the next few years. It's possible we'll see a flood of Langstroth hives, massively undercutting the incumbent National manufactures. Interesting times.

Mann Lake could have a huge impact on British beekeeping over the next few years. It's possible we'll see a flood of Langstroth hives, massively undercutting the incumbent National manufactures. Interesting times.

Theres always been cheap langstroth equipment to be had if you wanted lots, who they'll be undercutting is the massively overpriced retailers of imported langstroth equipment, those who have already chosen national (or other) size equipment didnt do so on price.

Got some stuff off Mann Lake recently , there was a customs import duty coming into Europe that I had to pay on this side , because the product originated outside Europe. That will destroy their competitive price . I had to pay Euro 35.00 on on 150.00 USD worth of stuff

Got some stuff off Mann Lake recently , there was a customs import duty coming into Europe that I had to pay on this side , because the product originated outside Europe. That will destroy their competitive price . I had to pay Euro 35.00 on on 150.00 USD worth of stuff

Quite a few distributers (not of beekeeping stuff) have set up recently within the EU and electronic components I previous got from China are now coming from same firm only from a warehouse in Germany, hence no import tax on top of what I agree to pay. Mann Lake will probably be the same - the price you see is the price you pay.

It doesn't look like it at the moment not with the prices on the web site

It doesn't look like it at the moment not with the prices on the web site

They may decide to have multiple sales every year, like the other main suppliers...when they get the hang of it.

I used my phone. May be a different search engine?. According too the site they have items in the sale already.

yes please HM. the only sites I can see are the yank one or the one of the hive on the step of No10

me to its his original site but mannlake are doing one for him because they are setting the prices here in the uk hopefully cheap tho as hes got 5 containers full of langstroth equipment gota shift

I hope they're going to sell more than just hives, some of their other equipment looks good too.

I hope they're going to sell more than just hives, some of their other equipment looks good too.

Full range of equipment i expect, similar to Thornes.

Maybe even produce National hives at some stage, there is a big enough market in this country for some more big bee supply companies, competition is good, and Mann Lake is a very big company, so may help with some sensibilisation of the prices.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back