BBC response to 'eastenders' bee sting storyline

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockdoc

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Has anyone else got a response from the BBC over the alleged storyline or 'Eastenders'? I've just received mine and it is clear from the reply that either a character or reference is going to be made as the OP suggested in the first thread on this subject. Numbers count in this game, and although my complaint has been placed on their audience log, the more the better. So if you haven't complained please think about it. Beekeeping does not need this type of adverse coverage. Yes, people do die from bee stings, a close friend of mines husband suffered just that fate. However, the media cannot be trusted to give a balanced view on the risk from this danger.

:rant:

Got my reply later;

"We’re sorry you’re upset after hearing a character in EastEnders is to die following a reaction to a bee sting. EastEnders viewers should know how very rare it is for someone to die from a bee sting, and just because it happens to get a brief mention in EastEnders does not mean that we are saying this is any more common than that."

Very bland reply - most eastenders watchers think fish have fingers and the four tits on a cow are for full cream, semi skimmed, skimmed and UHT !!

183928 said:
most eastenders watchers think fish have fingers and the four tits on a cow are for full cream, semi skimmed, skimmed and UHT !!

if that's the case then they probably believe that only wasps sting. looks like they're going to be educated while watching this contentious episode.

Please don't tell me Eastenders isn't REAL......... it is isn't it? I know Corries fake because they haven't got digi aerials on the roofs.

i did happen to see the episode tonight.

the rev. commented on the man having died from ani shock from a bee. the woman he was talking to then made an off the cuff remark about being buggered by a bumblebee or something along those lines.

it proved that they have no idea what they are talking about.

I know Corrie's fake because they haven't got digi aerials on the roofs.
Important - there is no such thing as a digital aerial! If your analogue signal is snowy then you might need a 'high gain' aerial but otherwise you need do nothing apart from buy a Freeview box!

Important - there is no such thing as a digital aerial! If your analogue signal is snowy then you might need a 'high gain' aerial but otherwise you need do nothing apart from buy a Freeview box!

Advertising admin................ sort it! lol

I watch digital TV through my freeview box - and our ariel is a 1990 portable TV arial connected to a long ariel extension and hung off the curtain rail. And we get all channels. I can even post a photo for disbelievers.

I watch digital TV through my freeview box - and our ariel is a 1990 portable TV arial connected to a long ariel extension and hung off the curtain rail. And we get all channels. I can even post a photo for disbelievers.

Lucky you! Living as I do surrounded by hills (basic effect like living in a hole in the ground) you need ariels that would put Jodrel bank to shame.

Beekeeping members beekeeping please.
Mo

Some old aerials can indeed receive all the channels.

In some areas the old aerial was not designed to receive the full range of channels but to improve the reception of the frequencies that local channels were on. It did that by physically maximising the signal strength of those channels by element size and spacing.

Aerials designed for digital reception are wideband and give roughly the same signal strength across the whole TV band.

Besides that, if an aerial has been up for years and has old coax you are probably only getting a fraction of the signal you should get.

If you are lucky you may get them all particularly in a high signal strength area, but for the rest of us a good digital aerial will provide the best signal.

SORRY - posted before reading we should be back on bee topic :redface:

:smilielol5:
Got my reply later;

"Very bland reply - most eastenders watchers think fish have fingers and the four tits on a cow are for full cream, semi skimmed, skimmed and UHT !!

Now that made me laugh

Grub

Sorry but are we missing the real story here? Is someone claiming that corrie is fiction not reality?

I was stung on the east ender when i was a child, i parked my east ender over a hole, which was the home of a Wasp nest! :nature-smiley-013:

Last edited:
I was stung on the east ender when i was a child, i parked my east ender over hole, which was the home of a Wasp nest! :nature-smiley-013:

And you were the but of many jokes ever since .... when you were stung did it send you sore-ring upwards.......

Aaaaannnnnyyyywaaayyy - yeah eastenders sting shocker - shot in the arm for beekeeping yawn.

Latest posts

Back