Barnsley bees

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cafemonkey

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hi everyone.
I'm brand new ! lol
well you get the gist.
We are a couple new to keeping bees, but not to working round them as my day job is local authority pest control ( don't judge me though)
I have a hive which has some little visitors already from a passing swarm. They have been here since last Sunday and I've inspected them carefully and can't find a queen. So if I get another swarm at work, or buy a nuc, how will the temporary resident bees react to the arrival of another colony?
There is only a hundred or so I think, maybe two hundred.
I'm worried that if I introduce another lot they are all going to have problems.

Any ideas guys?

Thanks

Alan and Julie

Sounds like scouts rather than a swarm - do not be surprised if a few thousand others join them :D Oh, and welcome...

Honey bee swarm in garden

As much as I like nature it seems that we have a swarm of honey bees in our garden - would we need to contact Barnsley council to remove these as the garden is not huge and they are a little too close to the house for me to feel comfortable with them - any help and advise would be grateful :sos::sos:

Latest posts

Back