back from the dead!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
20+
i remember somebody on here saying that they found a bee which they though was dead and decided to take it home to look at it closer,and on the way home the bee came aroud again after warming up in the car...
well i was up tidying a few brancehs around my hives this evening and noticed 8 bees sitting on the ground in front of one of the hives,no other bees were flying by now.
so out of interest i popped all 8 of them in a plastic tub and sat them in front of the heater in the car,sure enough after a minute they started moving,5 minutes later i set them at the entrance till there hive and all but one walked indoors.
good deed done for the day i guess..Darren

Looks like you've got a job every evening now!

these were the lucky ones,i was just in the right place at the right time..plus they were all in a wee group and were so pityful looking,i couldnt not but help them....

That is really interesting.

I read that at 7 degs "bees stopped moving" and thought it was unusual wording... I had expected "died" or the like.

I wonder how cool that can get and still resurect?
...and for how long?

Danro

Save a bee every day!

If the queen lays 1000 eggs a day in one hive, from another end every day 1000 bees will die a day.

I am in club too. It is so much to be done.

That is really interesting.

I read that at 7 degs "bees stopped moving" and thought it was unusual wording... I had expected "died" or the like.

The bee just go into choma in that degree and cannot rise up with its own help. So it needs sun's help or yours.

Latest posts

Back