B&Q square clamp

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taurus

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
B&Q are selling these clamps less than half price at the moment (usually over a tenner - currently £4.19).

They are brilliant for making up hive parts, not only holds everything together but even I can get them square.

j0Jr0h5.jpg

Mmmm it must be me then lol. bought one a few years ago and now somewhere at the back of my shed after one attempt, good on you if you can get on with them

I use a queen excluder or simply measure the diagonals. Has worked for decades, so no reason to change.

I use a queen excluder or simply measure the diagonals. Has worked for decades, so no reason to change.
I think what taurus is trying to let us know is b&q are selling cheap clamps.Nothing to do with measuring.

Thank you for the info. Will be there A.S.A.P.

B&Q are selling these clamps less than half price at the moment (usually over a tenner - currently £4.19).

They are brilliant for making up hive parts, not only holds everything together but even I can get them square.

j0Jr0h5.jpg

Good shout, not all folk are DIY savvy and that can only help the less talented, and for that price you have little to loose if you can not get the hang of it.

Thanks Taurus that's great info. I'm off to visit b&q to see if they still have them whilst the weather bad today.

My go-to cramp for making hives every time. So useful and great value.

That is an extraordinarily tidy work area!

I confess, my primary work area is the garage bench but that's full of stuff. My secondary work area is a bench in a shed but that is also full of stuff.

So the picture is the desk in what was our daughter's studio but she has recently moved out so I'm sneakily expanding in that direction.

Looks excellent thanks for sharing - part no 5052931339990 if it saves anyone hunting.

This is what I was after making - I have a couple of colonies that superceded late and whilst they built up really well don't have much by way of stores. So the plan is to put this on top of the brood box.

GXN28to.jpg

It's a recipe for fondant I've tried in plastic tubs over the feeder hole, I put commercial fondant one side and my home made stuff on the other and they've taken down the home made stuff first.

E2fa6lN.jpg

Latest posts

Back