Awaiting a swarm?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the skep/cheapo laundry basket .
I use them myself ;).
You can squeeze them into places other containers wont reach . Ok they have a limited life but Hey! there as cheap as chips Come with a lid also :coolgleamA:

John Wilkinson

....and I want that swarm WPC :(. Clover's coming into flower and I need more bees. If the Hawthorn flows I will cry :banghead:

....and I want that swarm WPC :(. Clover's coming into flower and I need more bees. If the Hawthorn flows I will cry :banghead:

Hawthorn's all but over in the these parts......but the clover's about to crack open.

It's the main flow around here for me!

I went to inspect my stratigicly placed bait hives ( 5 home made 5 frame nuc's ) today.
When i got ther i only found 2 of them.
someone has wandered off with 3 of my hives. !!

I thiught this was a remote location. unless i was seen walking in thr area and someone came to see what i was up to.
i was on private land and i should also menyion the land does not belong to me and i did not have permission to be there. so im thinking.
it proberbly sevrs me right.
I brought my last 2 nucs home and put them in my garden.
I can't help wondering if there were ant bees in the 3 nucs that went missing ?

i consider this a lesson. well learnt .

yours humberly
and very mugged off

but still smiling.

I am now going to paint them comoflage.

Good idea mine are painted camouflage too. sorry to hear about them getting stolen.

I reckon it does serve you right!

I don't know any land owners who would appreciate finding anything on their land they didn't know about, I wouldn't like it!

Si.

woh no permission I didn't read properly. (you need permission)

Hawthorn past it's best here , no flow from it though (rarely is )

John Wilkinson

Yet again.

I shall go and stand in the corner .

I got a swarm call Tuesday....from BUCKINGHAMSHIRE!!

well you've had one more than I have !

I live on the intersection of 2 associations, despite being a member of both, I never get a swarm call :-(

Latest posts

Back