At what rate are supers going on

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3 hives with a super on each. Just started to work them, a little uncapped honey.

Fourth hive has an almost full super. With a second on at the weekend.

North Essex

Sent from my ST21i using Tapatalk 2

When we visited the ITLD coop apiary as part as an association visit, it was interesting to see he uses langstroth deeps as his supers. The reasoning was simple so he can can move frames and standardise on equipment. Lot of logic here. I didn't go down this route myself though as I preferred slightly lighter supers and didn't fancy spending the extra £'s on the extra (which i've not got yet).

You may return to original system but in "emergency" you may use this.

They surely do.
If it is possible, you should take honey frames off from brood box and lift them to super. --- yes I know. Use brood box as super.

Thats a good thought, but I would then have a stack of 3x 14x12s - a bit too high for my liking - but I will pinch a frame or two of those I think are filled with honey rather than syrup come extraction time.

I'm relaxed about them building up stores though as I'm planning they split them down soon, once mated queens become available.

WoW. Forecast for London under 15C

http://www.foreca.fi/United_Kingdom/London

I have here 20-23C this week. Trees are bursting their leaves out.
Willows are blooming and mapple. Not much more.

http://www.foreca.fi/Finland/Kouvola

koivu+hiirenkorvalla+18308.jpg

Zzzexedd

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Currently 6.5c here in N.Ireland and LASHING with rain :offtopic:

I have one apiary with 5 hives all with 2 supers (on an OSR field)
In the other 2 apiaries I have in total 2 hives with a super on each and the remaining 3 hives too weak to warrant a super!

Very varied in buildup and forage!

Came out of winter with three hives. My highest winter losses ever.

On the plus side the three left were my strongest last year and at the moment very strong.

Moved to the rape last weekend.

All three are now on there second super.

of my 5 hives two wont be doing any thing besides building back up this year.

remaining 3 are on OSR one of which has a super.

and as per last year as soon as I put it on its got cold and wet.

rain has been 'biblical' here in the south west but to be honest, biblical is the new norm.

According to an Aeronautical Journal I read it's due to the North Atlantic Jet Stream being a few hundred mile further South than hitherto......which maybe caused by Arctic warming thus lessening the temp differential between the pole and equator.

It made my head hurt to read any further

According to an Aeronautical Journal I read it's due to the North Atlantic Jet Stream being a few hundred mile further South than hitherto......which maybe caused by Arctic warming thus lessening the temp differential between the pole and equator.

It made my head hurt to read any further
I know the feeling, what I heard was not good news at all.

How the weather man on the telly explained the jet stream scenario the effects would be long spells of cold/wet/windy weather followed eventually by long spells of heat and drought. More extremes of weather and for longer periods it would seem.

Latest posts

Back